Construction Site Volunteer
Every individual makes a difference!
Our homes are built almost entirely by volunteers. Skilled or unskilled, we need your help! Lend a hand and learn new skills while lifting others up, Teton Habitat has all the tools you need to succeed. Strengthen our community through the creation of homeownership opportunities for qualified deserving families. Email email@example.com or call Elizabeth Ferguson, Outreach Coordinator at 307-734- 0828 ext. 102 to sign up.
Click here for more details on current projects.
Construction Site Q&As
What type of work will I do at the construction site?
Volunteers help Habitat every step of the way! Individuals help with daily construction task such as:
- Building foundation
- Framing, wall raising and roofing
- Installing insulation, siding, windows, doors and cabinets
- Loading and unloading materials
Do I need experience?
No! It’s great if you have it but certainly not a requirement. Teton Habitat will give you all the tools and training you need for the task at hand.
What should I wear?
Be prepared to dig in and get dirty! Volunteers should wear clothes they don’t mind to get dirty. Please dress appropriately for the seasonal Wyoming weather.
- Wear boots or sturdy closed-toed shoes
- Wear long pants, even in the summer, to protect your legs
- Dress for the weather; bring layers of clothing for variable temperatures.
- Do not wear loose clothing , tie hoodies or pants
What should I bring?
- Forms. Please print and fill out our release and waiver form. If you are younger than 18, you must also fill out this form (under 18 waiver) with a parent or guardian. All construction site volunteers must be 16 years of age or older!
- Please bring your own reusable water bottle. Teton Habitat is dedicated to promoting sustainability and protecting the environment, we use every resource we can to eliminate waste from the landfill. We do have a water bottle refilling station on site!
- Please bring or make plans for lunch if you come to the jobsite for a full day. On occasion there is lunch provided on the jobsite, but plan to be prepared!