We are now hiring for a ReStore Manager and Volunteer and Office Coordinator. The job descriptions are below and we hope you’ll join the team!
To apply for the ReStore Manager job, please send a PDF resume and cover letter to email@example.com.
To apply for the Volunteer and Office Coordinator position, please send a PDF resume and cover letter to firstname.lastname@example.org.
REPORTS TO: Executive Director
DIRECT REPORTS: All ReStore staff and volunteers
POSITION SUMMARY: The Habitat for Humanity of the Greater Teton Area (Teton Habitat) ReStore is a nonprofit home improvement store that sells new and gently used furniture, home accessories, building materials, and appliances to the public at a fraction of the retail price. The proceeds are used to support Teton Habitat’s mission of building homes, community, and hope. Through its efforts, the ReStore facilitates recycling, minimizes landfill waste, provides low-cost home improvement items, and increases Habitat’s visibility in our community.
The ReStore Manager is responsible for overall management of the store’s day-to-day operations, playing an active role in planning for the store’s future, and for representing the ReStore at public and community events. Specific responsibilities include:
RESPONSIBILITIES AND DUTIES:
- Hold chief administrative responsibility for the ReStore.
- Maintain accurate bookkeeping of transactions, revenue, and expenses.
- Observing all best practices for cash controls and handling.
- Maintain all ReStore tools, equipment, and vehicles to be 100% operational.
- Manage all ReStore operations with the utmost honesty and integrity in recognition that the ReStore is often one’s first impression of Habitat for Humanity.
- Ensure store is adequately staffed with employees and volunteers according to Teton Habitat’s personnel policies.
- Ensure quality customer service is provided and grievances are professionally handled and reported to the Executive Director.
- Maintain up-to-date filing system and proper record retention.
- Develop and maintain comprehensive operations manual.
- Ensure compliance and vigorously enforce safety standards; establish regular safety training.
- Comply with best practice accident procedures; understand workers compensation procedures
- Establish and maintain relationships with potential and existing donors, including individuals, businesses, community and church groups to increase quality and quantity of merchandise donations.
- Perform all functions of a ReStore associate as necessary.
- Manage facility maintenance and mitigate immediate needs.
- Attend community events and educate public on the ReStore mission.
Required Skills / Experience / Physical Requirements
- Minimum of 3 years retail experience including leadership responsibilities, direction of successful teams and accountability for financial reporting.
- Self-motivation and adaptability to a very dynamic work environment.
- Ability to lead, train and manage staff and volunteers in a positive manner.
- Knowledge of sales and marketing.
- Effective time management and organizational skills.
- Effective written and oral communication skills.
- Computer skills, including word processing, spreadsheets and email.
- Ability to lift 50 pounds. Work may require frequent periods of standing and bending.
Compensation commensurate with experience. Full health, dental and retirement benefits.
ABOUT TETON HABITAT: Teton Habitat brings people together to build homes, communities and hope. We help hard working families find opportunity and stability and to improve their futures. Habitat helps build stronger families and neighborhoods through homeowner education and by partnering with donors and volunteers to construct attractive, affordable homes. Homes are sold at no profit to pre-selected partner families with an interest free loan. Teton Habitat is a locally run affiliate of Habitat for Humanity International.
VOLUNTEER AND OFFICE COORDINATOR
JOB SUMMARY: The Volunteer and Office Coordinator supports administrative procedures and volunteer efforts of Teton Habitat. The position is adaptable and includes both office-oriented tasks as well as opportunities to interact with members of the community on Habitat’s building site(s). The Volunteer and Office Coordinator must have the ability to manage multiple tasks, be detail oriented and enjoy working with people. The position reports to both the Office Manager and Community Engagement Manager. All work will be coordinated with those managers.
This position is full-time, hourly, and includes full benefits – paid time off, health insurance, retirement, and a recreation benefit.
RESPONSIBILITIES AND DUTIES:
- Support the volunteer program with recruitment and scheduling of volunteers and communicating with groups and individuals before and after volunteer shifts
- Enter volunteer data in database
- Prepare volunteer reports on a monthly basis
- Serve as volunteer host on Wednesdays, Thursdays and Saturdays by welcoming volunteers, giving a Habitat 101 talk and maintaining site hospitality needs as well as assisting with volunteer efforts in the ReStore (water, coffee, snacks, etc.)
- Serve as ‘special volunteer group’ (National Civilian Community Corps, Collegiate Challenge, RV Care-A-Vanners) host when these volunteer events occur
- Take photographs and videos of job site, community engagement and ReStore goings on
- Other duties as assigned by Community Engagement Manager
- Collect and distribute mail
- Support A/P activities with collecting receipts for credit card statements, acquiring signatures for checks, scanning, and mail preparation
- Maintain construction payables record keeping
- Assist with acquiring, maintaining and organizing office supplies
- Initiate and track construction lien waivers
- Serve as meeting host by preparing and resetting conference room for committee and board meetings
- Other duties as assigned by Office Manager
- Support all members of the administrative team when preparing for special events including volunteer recruiting, logistics, and marketing
- Assist the Homeowner Services Manager with administrative tasks related to homeowner selection and closing
- Support the Development Manager with preparing fundraising campaign materials
- Develop a base-level of proficiency with WordPress, Form Assembly and other office apps and platforms
SKILLS & CHARACTERISTICS REQUIRED:
- Proficiency using computer, including Microsoft Word, Excel and Outlook and internet
- Strong organizational skills and ability to follow through with medium and long term projects
- Strong writing, spelling, and grammar skills
- Reliable and consistent, striving for accuracy in accounting and record-keeping
- Creativity, energy and friendliness are a must
- Ability to work Tuesday to Saturday schedule
- Ability to work some evenings
- Experience with Salesforce (desired)
- English and Spanish speaking (desired)
ABOUT HABITAT: Habitat for Humanity of the Greater Teton Area (Teton Habitat) brings people together to build homes, communities and hope. We help low income families find opportunity and stability and to improve their futures. Habitat helps build stronger families and neighborhoods through homeowner education and by partnering with donors and volunteers to construct attractive, affordable homes. Teton Habitat also runs a Habitat for Humanity ReStore, which sells donated building supplies, home furnishing and appliances to help fund Habitat’s mission. Teton Habitat is a locally run affiliate of Habitat for Humanity International.