Construction Site Volunteer
Sign Up In 3 Easy Steps
1. Read our “What to Expect” information below.
2. Individuals: Due to local COVID-19 cases we are not accepting volunteers at this time.
3. Read and sign the electronic waiver by clicking HERE.
What to Expect on a Habitat Worksite .
HOURS: Teton Habitat builds with volunteers every Wednesday, Thursday and Saturday from 8:45 AM to 4:30 PM.
LOCATION: We are currently building at the Grove. Located at 845 W. Snow King Ave, Jackson, WY 83001. Please park on Virginian Lane and walk over. Do not park at the library.
LUNCH: We take a 1 hour lunch break from noon to 1pm. Please pack a lunch or make plans for your meal.
EXPERIENCE: No experience is necessary. We have the tools and training you need for the task on hand.
TYPES OF WORK: Volunteers help Habitat every step of the way! Individuals help with daily construction task such as:
- Building foundation
- Framing, wall raising and roofing
- Installing insulation, siding, windows, doors and cabinets
- Loading and unloading materials
WHAT TO WEAR: Be prepared to dig in and get dirty! Volunteers should wear clothes they do not mind getting dirty or damaged. Please dress appropriately for the seasonal Wyoming weather.
- Wear boots or sturdy closed-toed shoes
- Wear long pants, even in the summer, to protect your legs
- Dress for the weather; bring layers of clothing for variable temperatures.
- Do not wear loose clothing , tie hoodies or pants
WHAT TO BRING:
- Please bring your own reusable water bottle. Teton Habitat is dedicated to promoting sustainability and protecting the environment, we use every resource we can to eliminate waste from the landfill. We do have a water bottle refilling station on site!
- Please bring or make plans for lunch if you come to the jobsite for a full day. On occasion there is lunch provided on the jobsite, but plan to be prepared!
- A positive attitude.